Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. doTERRA Arborvitae essential oil is sourced from the heartwood of the Thuja plicata tree. It is also known as Western Red Cedar and is native to North America (primarily Canada and the Northwestern United States). The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentally-responsible way through distillation of residual wood materials to ensure no trees are unnecessarily harvested for production. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. doTERRA Arborvitae essential oil also acts as a powerful cleansing agent for the skin.
Uses and primary benefits of doTERRA Arborvitae essential oil
- Add to skincare routine for its cleansing benefits.
- Use topically during meditation for a peaceful and calming aroma.
- Apply to the bottom of feet to promote a grounding, calming effect through scent.
- Mix with equal parts Wild Orange and Cassia and apply to wrists for an uplifting aroma.
- Apply to cotton ball and place in closets or drawers.
- Mix 10 drops Arborvitae and ½ cup water in spray bottle for a cleansing surface spray
Directions for use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops of doTERRA Arborvitae in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.