A close relation to Cinnamon, Cassia has a strong, spicy aroma that can be used in small quantities to transform any essential oil blend. Cassia has been used for thousands of years to maintain physical health* and promote emotional well-being.* It’s one of the few essential oils mentioned in the Old Testament, noted for its unmistakable fragrance and calming properties. doTERRA Cassia is a “warming” oil that helps promote a healthy immune function.* It also is a great oil to diffuse during cold months due to its warming properties and spicy scent. Due to its caustic nature, Cassia should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin and can be very strong when inhaled directly. When diluted, Cassia can help soothe the body. doTERRA Cassia can be used in cooking either as a replacement for cinnamon in pies and breads or by itself in a myriad of entrees and desserts.
- Add one drop to citrus blends or diffuse with Clove and Ginger during fall and winter.
- Take one to two drops in veggie capsules for added immune support when seasonal threats are high.*
- Combine one drop with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage for a warming sensation.
- Combine one to two drops along with Lemon in a glass of water to aid digestion or ward off hunger cravings.*
Primary Benefits of doTERRA Cassia essential oil
- Promotes healthy digestion*
- Supports healthy immune function*
- Warming, uplifting aroma
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops of doTERRA Cassia in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.